Friday, August 29, 2008

Has it been that long?

So, I have been gone from Northern Michigan for 2 months now. It is really sad to me, but happy also. There are a few things that I wanted to touch on in this blog.

First off my rant about me being fat! Well I went to the Dr the other day and I am down 20lbs!!! YAH ME! I kind of fell off the TJ wagon so I am jumping back on in tomorrow. It was soo crazy here the first few weeks we were down here I didn’t know which way was up for a while.

Birthdays and Anniversaries:
So, in July I turned 26. I can’t believe that my 20's are 1/2 over. Crazy to think that I have been graduated from SHS for 7 years now. Makes me feel really old. I worked on my birthday, then Shawn took me out to Dinner at the Outback and then took me to the movies and we saw The Dark Knight. Great movie! Then on Aug 18th it was already a YEAR from when we got married. Crazy to even think that. I am no longer a newlywed and am not really sure how to take that. I guess I am just an Old Married Woman now. Just need some kids/cats and some horrible clothes and hair style to sum it all up eh?

My car: It is still running I just cant believe it. I am buying a new one here very shortly. I have it all picked out it is just finding out which dealer we are going to and color and such. I am getting a Ford Escape! I drove one and just felt like this is it!!! They are so smooth and nice. I just love it. Hopefully my car will make it to the dealer to drop it off, but I hope I am not asking it too much
Weddings: We have gone to 2 weddings this summer. Rick and Mikes. Rick's wedding was in June the weekend we moved down here in Greek Town. It was FAB. Didn’t stay long on the account that we were moving down that weekend but needless to say it was a great wedding, and I am still in Awe of the sweets tables.
Mikes was a few weekends ago and OMG they did a wonderful job. It was just beautiful. Down to the last detail. I was kind of worried about sitting arrangements bc Shawn was in the wedding and I wouldn’t be sitting with him, but they were perfect. I got to sit with a bunch of Mikes friends from High school and College. It was nice to meet people that I have been hearing stories about for the past 5 years. I had lots of fun there and Shawn even danced with me for a few songs!

Shopping and Concerts
so, one thing I HATED about living up north was that the shopping sucked. WELL!!! I have gone shopping now like 5x. Brenna and I have gone a few times and then my new friend Ashley and I have gone to the mall! OMG I could so go broke at that Coach outlet. They have Marurices and Steve and Barry's which is my new fav they have the new Sarah Jessica Parker line for super cheep!!!
So, I went to Kid Rock. OMG it was awesome!!! Nicole, Kristen Brenna and I all went and just had a blast. I though Brenna was going to faint when Rev Run came out but she didn’t and it was just amazing, Cheryl Crowe came out and sang Picture with him and yeah Uncle cracker was ok.

My new job
Well, St. Johns is deff different then NMRH that is for sure. I find it interest ring to find out why people get stabbed/shot/beat up. I did meet on my first day 2 of my new work BFF Jeff and Ashley aka George and Mer. They are great, Ashley is everything I wanted to be when I was her age, and Jeff is just my new friend Jack (in reference to will and grace). He and his husband are just so cute together. They have made this transition a lot easier that is for sure. Working Midnights is showing harder then I thought but hopefully I will be able to get to days soon!

Living situation
well it is ok. I think our dog hates the fact that we have to follow her around so she can poop, but hey what can we do? I am half tempted to go drop her off and let her run around for a few days. Hopefully that way she can get it all out of her. We found a house but are not 100% sure it is for us. We are still looking and have just 4 more months until we can get a mortgage.

Friends and Family:
So yes I have been out and about and visiting everyone I can! I didn’t go on the family trip this year due to lacking a good car/work but it turned out well. Also, I have been able to just hang out with Kimmie!!! Which I just love doing. She makes me laugh so hard sometimes. I just love it, she can say one thing and I can be in just a fit of giggles in seconds. I can’t wait to go to Vegas with her next year! Karissa had her lil one and they will be up here next week! I can’t wait to see them! I have been able to hang out at my rents house some and eat my dad's good cooking. I love the fact that my sister just stops by sometimes to print stuff off!

Ok on to my rants of living down here
WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE? Why do you ride your bike on the road when there is a BIKE trail 4 feet to your right????
Why do you slow down when there is NO ONE in front of you?
Why slam on your breaks to let someone in when you can JUST GET OVER????
And WHY SCREAM at people who are trying to ride their bike to the bike trail to get your fat %* off the road?

I think that is all for now thanks for reading the whole thing! Needless to say, other then a few bumps I am happy I am home!

No comments: